Allen Engineering and Science is seeking a qualified Wildlife Biologist / Environmental Scientist to join our team. The ideal candidate will be located in or near Jackson, Mississippi. This is a full-time position with associated benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct biological field surveys pertaining to wetlands, threatened and endangered species, wildlife habitats, plant communities, and migratory birds.
• Work directly with state and federal agencies in obtaining permits and compliance related to the National Environmental Policy Act, Clean Water Act, and the Endangered Species Act.
• Conduct desktop research to analyze potential environmental and natural resource impacts relating to federally funded construction projects.
• Prepare technical reports, permit applications, management plans, and project proposals.
• Conduct environmental sampling and routine monitoring including surface and ground water, soil, and stormwater discharge sampling.
• Work with other project managers in fields such as geology, engineering, planning, and construction as needed.
• Exceptional technical writing, research, and verbal communication skills required.
• Understanding of southeastern ecological processes including hydrology, ecology, fish and wildlife habitat requirements, soils, and plant communities.
• Ability to work in harsh environments and conditions ranging from remote forests to open construction sites.
• Understanding and experience in GIS and GPS technology and equipment are preferred.
• Self-motivated and capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced team environment.
• Ability to operate 4-wheel drive vehicles (full size trucks, ATVs) in rough terrain. Valid driver’s license required.
• Availability to travel for extended periods with multiple overnight stays during some weeks.
• Must have a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and ability to work cooperatively with others.
• Degree in wildlife management, ecology, environmental science, or similar natural resources field.
• We offer a competitive salary (commensurate with education and experience) along with ample opportunities for advancement based on professional growth.
• Medical/Rx Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• 401(k) Plan with Company Match
• Paid Holiday and Vacation Time
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references via email to BYoung@AllenES.com